I am a professor at Telecom SudParis / Institut Mines-Telecom.
- Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Data Science
- Video, Image and Signal Processing
- Human Activity & Gesture Recognition
- Human Mobility Analysis
- Human Robot (Computer) Interaction
- Video Surveillance, Biometrics (Gait Recognition, Handwritten
- Signature and Writer Authentication, Hand Vein Recognition)
- Machine Print and Handwriting Analysis and Recognition
2008-Present: Telecom SudParis, Institut Mines-Telecom, France
Research Interests :
Human Activity and Gesture Recognition
Biometrics: Gait recognition, Vein recognition, etc.
Video Surveillance : Person Re-Identification
Human Robot Interaction
Handwriting and Machine Print Recognition, Signature Verification
2001-2008: Parascript, LLC Boulder, Colorado, USA
Development of State-of-the-Art machine learning classification engines for handwriting and machine print recognition. Applications include Automatic Mail Sorting, Bank Check Processing and From Recognition.
1998-2001: Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Parana, Curitiba, Brésil
Building up a lab on Document Analysis and Recognition
Supervision of several PhD and Master Students.
1997-1998 (18 months): CENPARMI, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec Canada
I was a visiting scientist at the Centre for Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence (CENPARMI) of Concordia University at Montreal, developing algorithms for handwriting recognition.
1992-1996: Service de Recherche Technique de La Poste (SRTP), Nantes, France
Development of Machine Learning Handwriting classification engines for real-life French mail sorting (city name and street name recognition)